Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc

Vick

Hi Vick,

If you are wiring double detection due to no spare zones then I'd suggest it's time for a bigger panel. If one zone alarms you won't know which detector is at fault.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I want to double up the pirs in the new bedroom and a back door. I do not want to spend £100 on new panel. If I buy a new panel then I will also have to buy a zone expander which I can not afford after spending so much on extension. I would be grateful if someone please assist wiring these.

Why are everyone suggesting to replace the panel. I know I need to replace this old panel and I am fully aware that it is difficult to track down which pir or contact has se t of the alarm. But if I can I would like to use the same panel.

Why are everyone suggesting to replace the panel.

Hi Vick, everyone is suggesting it because it's the correct and proper thing to do, on a professional forum with professional people who do this day in, day out no one will suggest a bodge, which is what you are asking. For the sake of c£100 to protect your property correctly? Come on you must see it makes sense to do it correctly.
  • Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.