Security Installer Community

Another 'which' Alarm System Topic

livetofly

Thanks for all your comments.

To datadiffusion: the detectors in quote 3) are Honeywell, they've attached a brochure to the quote (IS3000 and DT8000 Series)

To Lwillis and RFS: the installer of the Scantronic must like obsolete systems (?), they've also offered a HDSDI CCTV system, rather than an IP. The house is in Shropshire, prices are usually lower than London and the South-East of England. All the 3 quotes are from SSAIB or NSI approved companies.

To Hillybilly: the house is under renovations and they all said that cabling is pretty straightforward. I believe that it will be by lifting the old carpets and floor boards on the first floor.

Any final comments about smoke alarms and CO sensors? We like the idea of having a system sending us alerts when we are away, but we don’t know if it’s best a wireless system (i.e. Nest) wifi connected or (instead) a set of wireless/wired sensors connected to the alarm system?

Edited by livetofly

Thanks for all your comments.

To datadiffusion: the detectors in quote 3) are Honeywell, they've attached a brochure to the quote (IS3000 and DT8000 Series)

To Lwillis and RFS: the installer of the Scantronic must like obsolete systems (?), they've also offered a HDSDI CCTV system, rather than an IP. The house is in Shropshire, prices are usually lower than London and the South-East of England. All the 3 quotes are from SSAIB or NSI approved companies.

To Hillybilly: the house is under renovations and they all said that cabling is pretty straightforward. I believe that it will be by lifting the old carpets and floor boards on the first floor.

Any final comments about smoke alarms and CO sensors? We like the idea of having a system sending us alerts when we are away, but we don’t know if it’s best a wireless system (i.e. Nest) wifi connected or (instead) a set of wireless/wired sensors connected to the alarm system?

Hdsdi is perfectly valid and current and does have some advantages over IP

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Any smoke/Co head will require replacement in time, 7 years is a fair amount imo.

The Nest is OK and will work stand alone if the WiFi drops but as with anything if you can get it hard wired it would be better.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.