Security Installer Community

Ahdr Tribrid Dvrs...

Steven_W

• 2 weeks later...

AHD is a technology that like HDSDI allows HD images to be transmitted over 75Ohm Coax, it’s still a technology in its infancy, however we have been testing it over here for a while. (we had a recorder and cameras on our IFSEC stand last year) the benefit is that the transmission distances are further than the 100m SDI limitation at the moment, however the downside is that the resolutions are not quite as good as HDSDI. Think that the UK industry will be seeing quite a bit of it in the near future.

CVI (Dahua) TVI (HIK) are a new breed of HD over Coax processes. I hear it could be the new VHS Vs Betamax battle as the DVR's are not cross platform compatible; but as long as we get better quality for a similar price to existing analogue cameras it should be fun to see how this plays out. I think AHD is another variant but not too sure

I agree that this could be come the Betamax vs VHS, for ages there has only been one real option with compsite video, however over the past 18moths there has been a number of technologies comming out to the market place. HDSDI, AHD, CVI, TVI as well as a couple of other that have already disapeared. And as Boxshifter says the mine field is that currently they dont appear to be cross compatable which could cause headaches if a certain technology goes the way of Betamax.

Edited by DannyTheTech