Security Installer Community

Guardtec 800 Series - Control Box Fuse Holder And Fuse

mirving

I am in Northants and need to replace the Terminal Block Fuse Holder and Fuse on a Guardtec 800 Control Box.  The unit will also need a battery replaced and a full check over. Current battery is a Power-Sonic Model PS-1270 12 Volt 7.0 Amp. Hr. Lead Acid job. Any local approved repairer interested in sorting this one for me please?

Welcome to the site, there are bound to members here who cover your area, who can inspect and test your system.

Out of interest, how did the  fuse holder get damaged?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Fuse holder is not damaged - someone simply lost the piece of black plastic that held the fuse when a fuse went - that and the right fuse (not sure what that is), plus a new battery and the system should be up and running again; but it would seem sensible to have it tested and OK'd.

Bear in mind the first link may be VERY out of date, I can only speak for the Avon area but half of them were closed and have been removed, I suspect it will be the same for other areas if they haven't been checked by members that know the area.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands