Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc Co Activating Alarm

richkarma

I understand removing the detector head might not have been the best thing to do but it's stopped the internal siren sounding which was my first priority.  I was close to cutting the wires on Sunday night when it was going off at all hours.  ADT, who installed the system want £225 for the first half hour plus £98 for every subsequent half hour here, plus they wouldn't have been able to come out straight away as contract customers take priority.  I haven't been able to find a replacement detector head online or locally so now I'm waiting for ADT to quote me for a replacement detector head.

Lwillis, on 17 Dec 2014 - 5:33 PM, said:

Look for another local SSAIB or NSI approved company and ask them for a quotation, the system is a fairly basic panel and most companies would be able to look after it for you.

Where abouts are you in the UK?

cheers.  I'm in Louth in Lincolnshire.  I'm think the detector head from ADT will fix the problem, if not I'll get someone out.  Now the siren isn't going off at all hours all is well.  I've got standalone smoke detectors and a CO detector so we'll know when the turkey is ready :-)

It will be more cost effective to dump the adt heads all together , i doubt you will find one or it will be difficult

then for similiar costs above get a local to fit more standard heads etc and service the system less hassle for the future