Security Installer Community

On Call Rate

Prodigious

What's with this testing thing, I'm sure many of us replace an old PIR for FA'ing even if it isn't obviously 'broken'...

Do your company have a fully staffed soak testing suite to catch out false comission claiming engineers?

I can't (immediately) believe they waste their time and energy testing anything brought back to be honest...

The only time I do it is if its something I've changed under warranty and only if I'm being OCD.

They do test them and about 3 guys who check the boards and if there poor standards they return to supplier and charge the supplier for the 'Sub Standard Item' however It does not matter as we can't be putting our waste in customer bins as its not company policy and if council catches us doing it I know they come down hard. 

Can you book me in for a couple of brushed silver assa locks for the house and one for the unit, and i'll even give you a 20 you can keep the change. Not in any rush bud, 6-8 weeks is fine.

If you qualify you would of got a letter and visit from a team with our number on it.   

so you get one lieu day per week on call,thats 7 minus the stat hols that come off your entitlement that leaves you with 2 extra days for working on call for £11 ph and you say the pay is great?id take up petes offer if i was you,the van only has one previous owner,granted he was a knacker

Pay me 150k and I move plus Home Move Costs + Buy me a new house. 

They do test them and about 3 guys who check the boards and if there poor standards they return to supplier and charge the supplier for the 'Sub Standard Item' however It does not matter as we can't be putting our waste in customer bins as its not company policy and if council catches us doing it I know they come down hard. 

if you employ 3 people to check returns your using the wrong kit

thats a £130k pay rise,can he not just pay you £12ph on call

if you employ 3 people to check returns your using the wrong kit

thats a £130k pay rise,can he not just pay you £12ph on call

1) Employing 3 people to check faults. 

They do more than just checking faults.  They do a lot of Pre-configure stuff and activate licences and build CCTV systems and etc

2) Hey my hourly rate more bout £15-£20 a hour!!! 

2) Hey my hourly rate more bout £15-£20 a hour!!! 

its either 15 or 20 15 will give you 30k  20 will give you 40k ,your taking in all the call and commission dividing it by 52 and 37.5 and getting your hourly