Security Installer Community

Need Help With Choosing A Setup

snadge

Hello,

weve had stuff stolen from our garden so paid £1200 for fencing, now our car has been broken into,...from the start of having this house i have said that we needed cameras for peace-of-mind but she moaned.... now she quite happy and the neighbour is willing to go halves on a wide angle set of 2 we can put between our buildings and we'd like a 3rd for the end as we are the end house and have some nice plants (that got stolen last time)

I need something wireless that will record to a small box using something I can access via the computer but must have its own little box to receive & record too (SDcard/USB?)

can anyone help us please?

thanks

I really know nothing - dont have a budget but Iam into IT and can wire things in etc.. built many PC's and installed Sat Dish if that helps

I dont wanna leave PC on 24/7 so needs to be a dedicated receiver - one i can link to PC to check etc

im not bothered about systems that can 'identify' criminals but that sounds clever stuff... still would like to know more about them

I guess we'll have to see the bank of grandad... I work 15-22 hours NMW and she is left with £200 month and we have no savings other than our upcoming holiday for Turkey on 2nd Sept.  would like it up by then i think

thanks for all the help

Edited by snadge

Just to check;

Don't want to be able to see who it was doing the damage / theft

Holiday a great time for a break in, but holiday more important than security

Security Installer skills perceived about those of a dish hanger*

£199 budget

Jeff, over to you mate...

*irony

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I really know nothing - dont have a budget but Iam into IT and can wire things in etc.. built many PC's and installed Sat Dish if that helps

I dont wanna leave PC on 24/7 so needs to be a dedicated receiver - one i can link to PC to check etc

im not bothered about systems that can 'identify' criminals but that sounds clever stuff... still would like to know more about them

I guess we'll have to see the bank of grandad... I work 15-22 hours NMW and she is left with £200 month and we have no savings other than our upcoming holiday for Turkey on 2nd Sept.  would like it up by then i think

thanks for all the help

Hi Snadge.

What you are asking for is a camera thats wireless and will record to itself that you can log into and view the recordings. It doesnt need to identify whoever it is thats damaging your property?

Im not sure if what you want has been invented yet, but it sounds really good......... but not very useful

You better take a diy route to maplins, you won't see much at night, playback will be poor

As above 200 will get you one camera, stretch a bit and the Samsung 2080rp are going cheap these days 200 will get you one of those some cable but no recorder