Security Installer Community

Help Very Much Appreciated -

Not really decided on wire free or wired yet... I guess both have their pro's and cons, right?

I basically have 3 door access points downstairs (Front door that has a small laminated toughened glass window, and a side panel that has the same, patio door in the lounge and the back (kitchen) door), plus a detached garage that I would ideally like to be included, plus 2 windows downstairs that would need to be included.  With regards to upstairs, there are potentially 6 windows.  I fear this could push the price way above my budget though!!

Dont cover the windows, generally the volumetric detection will do

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Find three or four local approved companies and get them out for a quote/risk assessment.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/268-uk-security-installers-by-regional-police-force/

Go with the company you feel most comfortable with not the cheapest.

If your in doubt post the quotes up here so we can give our opinions.

Are the Honeywell G2 systems up to much?  Or are they in the Yale bracket?

Excellent panels for domestic or small business. They've been around for a long time and are very reliable.  Not much in the way of automation for lighting Etc. but not to be expected for the low end of the Galaxy range.

Are the Honeywell G2 systems up to much?  Or are they in the Yale bracket?

Nope, good little system, it can do hard wired and wireless side by side, so handy for any future upgrades.

We fit them, and have very little issues with them. Nice and solid.

Videofied is flavour of the month with a certain member on here..... We also fit it but it's not without it's faults.

I'd recommend a nice galaxy, it'll do everything you'll require in a domestic situation

generic info.

avoid 1 way systems, most of the cheapee systems use 1 way, yale, visonic, risco etc.

look at 2 way for a small system. Use a hybrid Panel and locate it in a central location.

or are you looking at hard wired?

Risco?

Bit naughty of you there.

A touch of prejudice showing if I may say.

Risco's newer stuff is 2 way, probably confusing as you can have 1 way and 2 way on the same system and the end user is none the wiser unless they check it out,

Visionic has new 2way stuff. I read it as look out for 1 way in these manufacturers.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

Yes visonic do have 2 way and so do risco.

however the visonic says on its data sheet that one of the powermax panels is 2 way but the only 2 way peripheral is a keyfob. Everything else is one way

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.