Security Installer Community

Talk Talk Router And Cctv Doesnt Work

thorg

thank you Lwillis, i may just have to try a 4 digit port number instead of the default 5 digit?

wont be back to site till next weekend but if im still having issues i may just take you up on that offer. i could open up the remote programming on the router and you can dial direct into that i think? port :51003?? i can still see any changes made live on my screen too i think.

No worries.

Bag of **** they are

Saying that I've never had any issues on a home hub but for some reason audio challenge has stopped working on a site I set up at Christmas

I've tried telnet to the audio port that's forwarded along with the others (udp summat or other) and its blocked. Wtf is that all about as it worked whilst commissioning ???

Bag of **** they are

Saying that I've never had any issues on a home hub but for some reason audio challenge has stopped working on a site I set up at Christmas

I've tried telnet to the audio port that's forwarded along with the others (udp summat or other) and its blocked. Wtf is that all about as it worked whilst commissioning ???

Hub reset and someone not telling you?

Get this all the time with BT tat - lucky all local sites other than Webways which obv don't suffer.

They just seem to 'forget' the settings over time, poss after automatic fw upgrades.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Sorted my issue in the end. Spent another 1.5hrs today trying everything but no success, had an epiphany, set the recorder to DHCP, set the port forward profile to the devices new I.p., worked instantly. What a ball ache.

didn't even resolve the issue with the camera not working on the gdmss app so went back to P2P anyway.

Logged back into P2P, bang, camera pops up on the screen. FFS...

Edited by SentryAlertSystems

I would agree the Technicolor TG582n is no Draytek, but I find it quite a capable router. Although boxes I have used are supplied by plusnet.

I suspect the problem is more to do with the ISP's messing with the core Firmware to Dumb it down for the general user.

So I can not to speak for TalkTalk Branded units. TG582n have Telnet Port, this can be used to configure a load of stuff that you can not do in the web interface. Search TG582n Telnet Advanced Settings.

Also, a number of Port Forwarding issues are down to the user not understanding all the steps to configure the router and end point.

It is also possible to reflash most TG582n with stock code. But it is not for the Avg. IT Expert!. And not the kind of thing you can do to customers property. DHCP is a powerfull tool, it ensures the end point is correctly configured with more than just the IP Address.

So it is better to set a Static DHCP in the router and linking the IP to the MAC. In a TC you can do this via Telnet:

>>dhcp server lease add clientid=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx pool=LAN_private addr=192.168.1.x leasetime=0

>>saveall

If you want the ultimate of configurable routes and have £200 spare, get a Draytek,. But this are not for the Avg. Joe.

Hope this helps someone

Setting up hundreds of devices across hundreds of sites on VPN WAN not a problem. Set up one device on one homehub router, falls apart.

DHCP to router first and then use that as a static address, the way forward.

Is it possible the router holds on to settings from devices which have previously been at that address, and it causes some kind of confliction? Everything worked fine on the LAN and the NVR had internet connection for P2P. Really don't understand what I had set up wrong.