Security Installer Community

Talk Talk Router And Cctv Doesnt Work

thorg

The loop back stops the customer from using the dynamic DNS we setup when they are on their own WiFi

So they end up having 2 sites in the app for the same place

1-local (when on same WiFi as the dvr)

2-remote (everywhere else)

So use the customers router. Had a few issues with Homehubs but nothing major recently same with the technicolour ones I've done quite a few now no issues.

learn something new every day, thanks! i've never worked out why on some routers you only need one site, and on others you need two. which is why when setting up i do the remote one first and if it works on the LAN i stop there.

thanks! :)

I change setting in DVR to obtain Ip through DHCP, DVR got new IP from router, but I cannot ping it, I moved it to DMZ, it still does not work.

I never saw so shi*** router

I cannot change DVR name in menu. It is Device ID, I can see it on DVR but is not displayed in router menu, only unknown and MAC address

No more talk talk, and technicolor routers. I will refuse to install.

3 hours spent on site reconfiguring all

Achievement:

device status from "inactive" changed to "active" but I still cannot ping the DVR and CMSView fails to connect to DVR

pulling hair out of my head

I really would like to kick technicolor reouter desiginer's as* for this piece of ****

what a rubbish!!!!!

4 h spent

dvr moved to DMZ, firewall disabled, ping on WAN interface enabled, tried different ports, but I still cannot ping the DVR, and cam view software cannot connect within LAN.

Last week this router was connected to Virgin Media, I could ping straight away, only enabled ports on VM router and could see picture from cameras. All done within few minutes and worked!!!! But that was Virgin Media.

F*c.king talk talk and technicolor

Now is:

yOxHECX.jpg

Could you not talk to TalkTalk well maybe NoTalkNoTalk. 

One my SME clients have TalkTalk Biz Account and she can't use our Remote CCTV system with TalkTalk Router but can use it if she plugged in there 'Advanced Router' which is why she raising a complaint for it.   But its something to do with trying to get Username and Password for the network which TalkTalk don't like giving as that mean people could use there own routers which TalkTalk could not remotely control.