Security Installer Community

Hi Just Starting Up On My Own

Miserable lot = realist?

This industry has had a fairly consistent cycle of people starting up on their own and have ended up bust a year or 2 down the line or at best earning a wage equal to that of McDonald's.

Difficult market, especially when you are doing what the man down the street is. As I understand it you both are just installers? No products of your own or any USP's? If not it then comes a price war and looking at the prices already out there if they go any lower you'll be paying the customer for the privilege of them having your system.

In the North West alone I have looked at over 50 companies in the past 2/3 months that want out because they can't make it work and the harsh reality is years of hard work will see them with a 10 grand payoff at best.

Not that I wish anyone bad luck but seeing the sheer volume of failing companies on the market at present doesn't say to me there is a 'gap in the market' for yet another engineer turned businessman who thinks he can do a better job than their previous boss.

Not trying to be a business man, just earn a living, Understand what you are saying but Ill take my chances, and im not just an installer,

There are lots of things that can be done for free, as they are free dont dimiss them. Nothing to lose but a little time.

I certainly couldnt afford ads around popular tv soaps or to sponsor them its silly money.

leaflets are cheap but delivery can be expensive 50,000 leaflets can cost 230 plus and delivery on top or you can do it yourself, Oldham theres about 80,000 households so a leaft distributor told me i am sure you can do the maths

Local radio, local papers, silly trade review sites have to watch those as the leads can be expensive and lead to nothing. Try some and ask for a trial and make sure thry use the correct locstion and servive details msny out you up againt 3 or 4 other companies.

Word of mouth is free and probably the best advertising you will ever get.

Life is hard sometimes just have to crack on nothing ventured nothing gained

If you borrow then you have to get the work or go bust.

if you are self funded you have to get work in to make it viable.

if you dont try you'll never know if its the opportunity of your life time, dont ever live life with what could of beens.

Give it your best shot.

Not trying to be a business man, just earn a living, Understand what you are saying but Ill take my chances, and im not just an installer,

Based on the simplicity of that comment alone, i fear you are in for a bit of a reality check.

lol its a simple positive thinking frame of mind.

I know this may be alien to some.

Being positive doesnt make you sucessful but it can help and not everyone will succeed thats just life.

Actually some people find negative comments can spur them on more helps them try and prove their point.

Lets face it the only people to gain from becoming the next big thing is those involved and its only them that would lose out if it goes tits up.