Security Installer Community

What Really Narks You Off?

"You need to consider whether you want a monitored intruder system or a bells only system. Monitored systems require a monthly contract and has certain restrictions on to how the system must work. Bells only systems have less restrictions and offer protection without contractual ties, a bells only system can still notify you of an alarm condition with a communicator module."

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

it's a ****** when your gut hangs that low,ask matt..

Gravity isn't my friend, no :(

"You need to consider whether you want a monitored intruder system or a bells only system. Monitored systems require a monthly contract and has certain restrictions on to how the system must work. Bells only systems have less restrictions and offer protection without contractual ties, a bells only system can still notify you of an alarm condition with a communicator module."

Not quite how I'd word it . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Bells only keeps things simple and with mointoring yes things are restricted on what should or shouldnt be done, then what grade, cant see many domestics wanting true grade 3 install and thats not needed to be monitiore anyway.

I dont see any real benefit to monitoring for domestic customers in general terms. I am sure you can enlighten me on the benefits, unless an insurer has specifically requested it to be monitored and refused insurance if it isn't, the end user doesnt recoup the cost of monitoring/ maintenance contracts in savings on there insurance reduction.

The costs outweight the savings, and the police would attend if your neighbour rings up say the alarm has gone off at x and I heard someone trying to break  in anyway.

The police wont respond to monitored systems unless you ssaib or nsi, and apparently I cant do that for at least 6 months and need extra engineers or a buddy company.

Becoming nsi and ssaib just increases the cost, it should maintain standards but even some installers question the inspectorates decisions, so i read

lol I suppose its true that many are ignored if they aren't monitored?

Although I do know the police will attend an unmointored system, if certain conditions are met, but relies on having neighbours that look out for you, which unfortunatley these days isnt as common as it used to be,

As for the costs involved in getting approval, I am guessing its based on size and or level if nsi route and who is going to want to buddy a new buisness thats competing, have to find someone that can service your area but isnt in direct competition?

I remember when some kids I knew  broke in the computer room, the police turned up and they had long gone with the computers of the age, lets just say they got caught because of what they were off loading, not because the police responded.

Get get approval just yet not been in business long enough.

Edited by secureiam

Benefits of monitoring over bells only. Quite simple, no one takes a blind bit of notice of a ringing bell.

QFA I dont think I would want to rely on neighbors hearing my bells and then coming to investigate if it was a real burglary or not. I am sure they wouldnt 

Although I do know the police will attend an unmointored system, if certain conditions are met, but relies on having neighbours that look out for you, 

At least you'll have half a chance if its monitored. If the neighbour looks out the window and sees a crime in progress 999 will be as good

as any URN system response.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

QFA I dont think I would want to rely on neighbors hearing my bells and then coming to investigate if it was a real burglary or not. I am sure they wouldnt

At least you'll have half a chance if its monitored. If the neighbour looks out the window and sees a crime in progress 999 will be as good

as any URN system response.

I think I'm times gone buy the neighbours would be 'neighbourly' but today I certainly wouldn't chance it. That's why I don't have an external bell on my house. No one would do owt (apart from maybe phone the council as it was annoying them) so just have an internal one.

I mean yeah after a phone alert not a bell. I've only got 2 real bells because my own house alarm is technically a DIY job...

Would you like a pro to do it? Imaginary Allen is available to rent :)