Security Installer Community

Door Contacts On Upvc Doors

zerozero

the rabbits don't eat it fast enough!

More rabbits or a goat?

So no professional tips on fitting these things? You guys must come across these all over the place?

Yep there's no real "tips", they are awkward to fit on your particular doors.

Have used a heavier duty magnet before now, depending on the gap size.

If its a real issue we would use the wireless part as a transmitter for some smaller wired contacts (sealed ones if necessary) or even roller contacts on garage doors.

Replace the batteries, oops, maybe not that sort of rabbit :)

On the conservatory, i would have been more inclined to have mounted the contact on the door, the mag on the frame.

I know some manufactures dont recommend the contact on the door, but i have not had an issue whaen i have needed to do it.

There again, i'd have gone volumetric detection,

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Replace the batteries, oops, maybe not that sort of rabbit :)

On the conservatory, i would have been more inclined to have mounted the contact on the door, the mag on the frame.

I know some manufactures dont recommend the contact on the door, but i have not had an issue whaen i have needed to do it.

There again, i'd have gone volumetric detection,

I will have PIRs also covering most of the rooms the doors open into but I wanted chimes during the day as many of these doors are out of sight from where we are most of the day. .. i.e. not in the garden mowing the lawn!

I guess I was worried about water getting into the sensors as most of them open outwards so I don't think that is an option. Also the guide seems to imply that it doesn't matter if you move the sensor or the magnet in the X direction, so it actually shouldn't matter, practically at least.

Practically not mate, but just thought, as you say, them does open outwards, so maybe not the best option.

Texecoms are large wireless contacts as they go, so unless you can wire a hard-wired contact back to the wireless transmitter, your pretty much stuck with how they are.

So long as your OCD isnt that bad, you may get be alright as you are.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Why dont you test them out , never had an issue with galaxy wireless , but they are half the size and the gap can be big, just try them out on a bench test and see what distance you get in different posistions and angles

Or as above stronger magnet

Archived