Security Installer Community

Speaker Vs Bell On Texecom Premier

zerozero

Ok, so 17ah are not a great idea - So again.. why wouldn't I use a battery splitter with 2x 7ah as per my original plan?

It seems to me that:

- With a battery splitter they do conform to PD6662:2004 and do monitor each battery according to texecoms installer guide

- They are compatible with the premier panel according to texecoms installer guide

- Surely this gives me twice the capacity or double the time if power off?

- And on top of all this, if one of the batteries fail, I have a spare until I replace the other one

so to me this is a no-brainer so am worried that I'm missing something..

You have twice the capacity with or without the battery splitter. The only purpose of it is to report battery fault separately which as you are not a certified alarm company has no difference. Equally installing it will do no harm.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

In fault state my understanding is that the internal sounders will chime every 30seconds, and surely a battery fault would be considered a fault? I guess I can then connect via the com-ip software and see exactly the problem? Is this not true?

Com IP is the IP module. Wintex is the software. Yes you are correct you can use this software to remotely access the panel and it will tell you there is one but until you can transfer 7ah's over IP I'm not sure why value this would add?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have already said!

They are legacy and only work on Premier not Elite series.

But I replied and said that the manual says otherwise - no one commented on that.

So again, In the Installation Manual for "Premier Elite 24/24-W/48/48-W/88/168 & 640, Revision 9"

Page 6 in "System Overview \ Other Devices" says: "Battery Splitter

 Allows two backup batteries to be connected to a single set of battery terminals, and will provide appropriate monitoring and charging for each."

Page 19 in "Connecting Batteries" says "Note: Two batteries can be fitted and still comply with PD6662:2004 if the Battery Splitter is used."

So why do you believe that the battery splitter does not work on Premier Elite series?

Com IP is the IP module. Wintex is the software. Yes you are correct you can use this software to remotely access the panel and it will tell you there is one but until you can transfer 7ah's over IP I'm not sure why value this would add?

I'm expecting that the fault alarm will go off (internal sounder). I can check to see what the fault is (using wintex or perhaps even the keypad) and it would tell me that it is a battery fault (rather than detector or other kind of fault) which will help me take steps to quickly resolve the problem rather than looking at things that at fault.

Surely this is the point of getting the battery splitter in my case as then I still have battery cover if one battery is faulty and I will be alerted by the bells only system if either of them fail?

Archived