Security Installer Community

Power Line Adaptors

I'll try it. So it might work? As said there's various points round the house fed from the unit by the router. I was hoping just to plug the wired pair Sync up, job done. Ill plug them in when I get to site tomorrow before I wire the cameras, see how they go.

Been sorting the alarm today, Windsor panel (first I've seen round here) binned for a galaxy, but what a mare. Had to extend every cable at the panel end, and there's been some weird and wonderful wiring in the house. It's had systems since 1974 lol, constant hashing from Chubb down the years has lead to some 'interesting' wiring shall we say.....

3951E29E-65A2-4714-BDE9-ED21C72194AE_zps

Shouldn't but wouldn't it be safer to add new to the existing?

Customer is quite savvy so going to get another of what they have setup. Eng just left Ethernet dangling out the panel as there is a plug adjacent the panel so when the home plug is there we can change to dual path. Ironically first res we've done that had a home plug in use.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Been sorting the alarm today,

3951E29E-65A2-4714-BDE9-ED21C72194AE_zps

Anyone sane as me? I absolutely hate tape joints, let alone crammed into a detector or panel. The adhesive breaks down to a goo, it unwraps and goo gets into the joint, causes high ressistance AND gets sll over your ruddy fingers.

If you really really must how longs it take go solder with a gas iron and heat shrink? - ggrrrrrrrrr!!

Right - I feel much better - Back in me box :)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived