Security Installer Community

4 Camera System Advise Please

richard3009

Just out of interest why did building regs change to keep the cavity open?

Because of the thermal bridge.

If you think of the insulation as one blanket that starts from the bottom of one wall of your house, goes up the cavity, rolls across your roof and back down the other cavity - all in one continuous length.

There is no weak cold spot from outer wall to inner wall. Cavity closures are used around doors and windows, this part of the cavity used to be closed with blocks or bricks.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

The TF/SD card just means the camera has a built in DVR feature that you can access from a web browser or app, space is more limited than on a DVR but from the looks of things depending how u set your record rates/compression up and the size of your card you can get 5 days recording out of it.

The TF/SD card just means the camera has a built in DVR feature that you can access from a web browser or app, space is more limited than on a DVR but from the looks of things depending how u set your record rates/compression up and the size of your card you can get 5 days recording out of it.

Clearly! Thanks so much!

I may be wrong here, but I am sure that relates to electrical cabling and relates to mechanical protection etc.

I am not sure about SELV cabling. There is nothing in a video signal after all is there

afaik thats not the problem, it's more the risk of creating a bridge between inner and outer wall for damp ingress. if you look at cavity wall ties, they have bends (wiggles), any water that penetrates, drips of these without any capillary action between walls.

Todays modern board insulation, or loose fill retro fitted insulation of cavity walls, also needs careful consideration before drilling any holes, with the intent of fishing the wires within any cavity with access rods.

If you do have a clear cavity, a real neat trick is to dangle a thin string with a weight, down from the loft above where you need your cable to exit below.

Using sprung curtain rod (like used on nets), pull out the spring from the sleeving for about 18". insert into lower hole and twist so as to cause it to flail, This snags the string, which you can then pull out, then the string is used to pull your cable up to the loft.

simples ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived