Security Installer Community

Help Please From Some Electrical Types

AdrianMealing

Well...

Youll need an extra 3 core twin and earth from the first switch to the other switch. Then, youll have to separate the lights in the loft, and run an extra twin and earth from the switch with the neutral block to the 2nd fitting...

At the switch with the neutral block, the Common needs to be fed with a live, the red or Brown wire on the 3 core being joined to the fitting.

Thanks for that, i will get in the loft today and have a look

Surprised that no one has said working with electrics is dangerous and that you should get a professional in :proud:

I know, that's  why i asked first and did not just have a go at changing it :D

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

To be honest, adding a 2 way to a switch is exactly the sort of thing I first did at the age of 15 trying to earn better

money than the coop till was paying. And I followed the instructions in the Homebase Little Book Of Electrical Projects

to the letter (something like this  - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1845371089) then did my training and got a job

with a contractor afterwards!

Any problems Adrian, you know where we are (and there are some nice ambulance staff in Bristol!)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

To be honest, adding a 2 way to a switch is exactly the sort of thing I first did at the age of 15 trying to earn better

money than the coop till was paying. And I followed the instructions in the Homebase Little Book Of Electrical Projects

to the letter (something like this  - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1845371089) then did my training and got a job

with a contractor afterwards!

Any problems Adrian, you know where we are (and there are some nice ambulance staff in Bristol!)

HaHa very funny, i have electrocuted myself twice in the last ten years, don't plan on doing it again, i am super cautious nowadays.

Anyway, i have had a look, and it is going to be a *******, so might have to revert to changing the bulbs and fitting dimmer switches, not ideal but that may be the only answer.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Nah, crawling around in insulation for a roast dinner does not cut it any more, i will take the easy option :)

so why not the motion sensor switch option? o

you will already have 240 Neg at the rose to operate the sensor, now feed the the switched live from the rose to the switch, then the sensor output to the less used bulbs.

Will work as you have now but only turn on the less used bulbs when motion is sensed, you can get them as replacement light switches and have change over actions.

eeezy peeezy or what? and you might get some apple tart with cream thrown in as pudding, then be home in time or the soccer ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived