Security Installer Community

Help Please From Some Electrical Types

AdrianMealing

Ex council house from what Adrian said if I remember... To be fair most ex council or housing association type places round here are pretty tidy and safe, electrics wise...

Yep it's a council bungalow, and yes blacks are in a choc block taped together, one black from each fitting from what i can see. Not tested this for sure though

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Ex council house from what Adrian said if I remember... To be fair most ex council or housing association type places round here are pretty tidy and safe, electrics wise...

My older brother worked as Tv repair engineer gor Telefusion, times he'd see triple adapters tree'd into dozens of sockets, and the tenant so proud of the 'electrical ability'.

I was with him when one such genius was trying to put a light above a door, by wiring it direct across an adjacent light switch - with bell wire!, asked my brothers help why now if the switch was ON the existing light was on, new light was off, and when switch was OFF both lights were only half lit.

He was convinced because the switch had on and off wrote in it, therefor no reason for it not to work lol!

Brother dissed the cable and he was told to call the landlord as "we only fix Tv's" :).

In this modern day of claim for blame, is why i won't touch it now, you never know whats been done by others.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Adrian, another thought -

you could at one time get a light switch controlled by clapping your hands, not sure if still around or who made them, i'd have searched but entering 'clap switch' just felt a bit rye lol!

and no guys, Arf ain't got the clap either before someone says it :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived