Security Installer Community

Engineer Output - I Know Your All Bored So Someone Better Post!

al-yeti

Fitting a Rapier has an engineer input

where is the setting for that in the GD48 for when in engneers mode it sets the output,

or is automatic like other panels that  when you enter engineer mode it will hold off the tsmper / bell if i open it up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah thats right, the newer rapiers also make a squelch noise when the front n back tampers make, and squelch repeatedly when the batterys not attached, also something to watch is when the eng link is on the rapier it activates the bell tamper so you dont leave the eng link on by mistake, can sometimes effect the galaxy exiting eng mode if its attached to the eng output

I'd hazard a guess...

I didn't think Le sucre was his speciality with rapiers!

i did in a previous job lol but tbh the connections are pretty much identical to the other elmedene bells

There are other sides to the forum that have a bit more excitement than Danny DIY asking how to eng reset his alarm. Why not join us :)http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/forum-trade-access.html

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I thought the eng function on the rapiers would be ace, but of course the eng on the rapier opens the hold off regardless of tamper condition. So my idea to connect it to the eng on site OP of the panel was an epic fail, as the kids would say... (cannot exit eng, bell tamper...)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It has been discussed many times in the trade side and the consequences of that product. In fairness an anonymouse hexagonal bell company they saw an opportunity and went for it and the customers seem to love the baby panel. Can't blame them really.

he's no DIY

Looking at your posts you could be :)

And arf :-P

That's quite funny. He doesn't know arf, yet :)

thx alot :), only just stumbled across this forum, was looking for some help/ advice on the menvier 300 before a big install and some mandatory 'out the box with a manual' onsite training

It can be very addictive, the forum has a few characters.

tread carefull young olli....

It's a forum, not a fragile roof!

Archived