Security Installer Community

Texecom 24 Not Big Enough

jumpdyke

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would flash the panel up to the last release of the Premier firmware which was 9 something, i can send it to you if you want...

Check the downloads section ... :)

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/1150-premier-48-version-1006-firmware/

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/1143-premier-version-1000-firmware/

Make sure you use the correct version firmware or you'll brick the panel.

You have to be careful which panels you flash, boards pre v8 have to have an extra nvm fitted IIRC, and some early boards cant be flashed past v7

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yes, that is a good point, definitely had issues with a 640 having a lack of NOVRAM after flash.

You have to be careful which panels you flash, boards pre v8 have to have an extra nvm fitted IIRC, and some early boards cant be flashed past v7

Correct on both counts, this is a version 8 so all should be well.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

got caught on webway firmware i pushed new firmware that bricked it, but then they put protection in. i cant be stupid again. was just wondering ade. not a dig

I know, easy done i bricked two routers a couple of years ago, PITA that was

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I flashed an elite24 with elite168 firmware by mistake. Weird thing is IIRC it was displaying 16 areas. Flashed it again with correct firmware and it was fine

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I flashed an elite24 with elite168 firmware by mistake. Weird thing is IIRC it was displaying 16 areas. Flashed it again with correct firmware and it was fine

The memory map is different, so it might have said 16 areas, but it would not have worked properly, good thing is because they are the same chip no harm done, at least it didn't brick.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

The memory map is different, so it might have said 16 areas, but it would not have worked properly, good thing is because they are the same chip no harm done, at least it didn't brick.

same chip? so you can make a baby a biggie?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I flashed a P48 with P88/P168 firmware by mistake and bricked it. Elite's must be a little more brick resistant with having the same platform throughout the range.

Archived