Security Installer Community

Programming Pyronix Enforcer For Sms Texting?

Hi all,

Have done this once myself on a new system I fitted a few months ago, the manual is ok on digi programming to an ARC but not on SMS texting, a bit confusing, got it working though somehow. But, now have a 'modem fault' coming up on another installation fitted by a colleague. I have been through the programming and all seems ok. Have 50v, tone ok etc. As soon as we enable the ARC/ SMS it goes into modem fault. Wired correctly.  Digi just doesn't 'seize' the line on testing outputs, no led etc. Didn't have time to clean start, and start again from scratch.

I have 25 years in the game so I kid myself I know what I'm doing, But...

It must be simple and will kick myself 

Anybody else had this fault? 

Will call Pyronix in the morning, wondering if this is something people have seen before?

kind regards

Mark

• 8 months later...

Its not unusual. I used to use them a lot a couple of years ago, but they do not seem to test or QA properly so loads go out either faulty or with issues. They tend to have the attitude that it is better to let the customers find the problems rather than them, and there are plenty of problems. So, yes, for every 4 we got, 2 would have a problem, which is not good. Also, many problems only show after install and their attitude is 'well we will replace the panel for you' or 'default the panel'. This of course costs lots of time and money for us. So, i would never go back to them. We actually spend much more on panels now and do not get issues at all. So, over the year or long run it is actually financially beneficial to spend more first.

This is normal for cheap systems, so not just them. The price is the price because of this service, so paying peanuts, well you know the rest. Be aware as well, the system is actually very old, not state of the art like many other manufacturers. They say its new because it is new to them, but actually they increase spec very cheaply, which we all know is not good. Open one up and have a look at the boards, on any of their panels and you will see what looks like a 70s tv set, then look at a new system. Sleek and the boards are quite clean and technologically far in advance. This is there for you to see clearly. They also have a thing where they call issues 'Features', i really do not know who they think they are BS'ing. My opinion, simply pay more get better.

I have never had a faulty panel from new.

I have had one Gardtec lose a zone after it's been in 4 years.

I have just had a faulty i-on expander (won't boot up, just showing 88 on the display from new)

Before that I have only ever had one faulty keypad, and that was just the fine wiring of the prox coil come loose,

and didn't want to risk fixing it myself.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands