Security Installer Community

Texecom Elite 48. Part Arm

pbg75

But when as a manufacturer the big guys wouldn't touch you electrical distribution was the only way. Do you really think that anyone can control it anymore? It will all get more available that is the long term position. Any manufacturer that goes installer only will loose huge numbers of sales. Installers don't have a do or don't sell policy, times have changed that's all

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I saw this a few years ago, surly I'm not alone. There are manufacturers that limit it, but they are not mainstream, once or if they are that control will end. Just the way it is

I would, they could have controlled the software or removed the anticode reset from it for DIY.

how do you tell the difference between that and emerging market?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I would, they could have controlled the software or removed the anticode reset from it for DIY.

It's the anticode for me due to our obligations under certification. A 'lite' version without it for end users similar to galaxy user management suite would be fine for that market.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have to say I agree here. This is part of the dilema of using the 12-w. Support to end users and free availablity of the UDL software worries me. Be interesting if a case came about where the end user had used this to circumvent the acpo/standards requirements to involve the alarm co. One of the reason I like SIA, it dumps everything in the ARC log so we could historically go back and see of any malpractice.

Its very simple, make sure you use a UDL password, that is what it is for, stops the end user changing anything, even if he does have wintex.

But when as a manufacturer the big guys wouldn't touch you electrical distribution was the only way. Do you really think that anyone can control it anymore? It will all get more available that is the long term position. Any manufacturer that goes installer only will loose huge numbers of sales. Installers don't have a do or don't sell policy, times have changed that's all

QFA

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

The UDL password is unique per site and also we have it in MAS where if you UDL to the panel and it isn't on test it generates the alarm. It's just the in effect them having engineer reset tools when as an installer we have certain obligations that's a little tricky.

As a consumer, if I got charged for the alarm company getting involved then I'd search out ways to avoid it. If the arc dishes out resets FOC then they wouldn't bother. If as with us they pay £70-£150 then I could see an no user trying.

If there was a seed code it would reduce the risk a bit further. The lack of seed code also allows othe alarm co's to reset the alarm which I must confess I don't like. If the system was a galaxy for example and I tamper the panel and create a reset code even if I know the seed code the reset is on (which would be hard to find out) technistore license seed codes to specific companies so I couldn't buy the license to reset it as it isn't my seed.

Realistic or not but how hard would it be for someone like cg to work out the algorithm of the reset software and put a little website up with a reset generator just as a consumer champion and the lack of seed would mean all panels ever sold could be reset. Maybe I've watched x files for too long but it certainly wouldn't be the first time end users find work arounds to avoid involving a vendor.

The lack of seed code also allows other alarm co's to reset the alarm which I must confess I don't like.

Disable RNRR and use the WW1 to trigger the RR pin from the ARC.

Realistic or not but how hard would it be for someone like cg to work out the algorithm of the reset software and put a little website up with a reset generator just as a consumer champion and the lack of seed would mean all panels ever sold could be reset. Maybe I've watched x files for too long but it certainly wouldn't be the first time end users find work arounds to avoid involving a vendor.

There was a Tunstall java application on the web that we found out some of our customers where using until it went offline. So it wouldn't surprise me. IIRC there was somebody on a DIY forum PMing Texecom reset codes for people.

But haven't we been here before?

Archived