Security Installer Community

Physical Security Advice Needed

well my main concern is that as i'm a home ebay trader, i need to secure as much as possible just the one middle room in particular. I am well aware that if a burglar is determined to get in then there is no security that'll stop em. As far as personal safety is concerned i'm not overly concerned about that as i can pretty much take care of myself in that aspect.....

I've got an emerald,buzzer is good,sophisticated is maybe pushing it...lol

Used to have one at parents house.

Wierd how, just like the manual says, you soon learn when it's telling porkies or not.

God knows what the new owner thinks of it. Still got my Casa bells up though, never had

a single call about the system after the sale. (Scanny 816)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

well my main concern is that as i'm a home ebay trader, i need to secure as much as possible just the one middle room in particular. I am well aware that if a burglar is determined to get in then there is no security that'll stop em. As far as personal safety is concerned i'm not overly concerned about that as i can pretty much take care of myself in that aspect.....

Buy a big dug!

!

Security is about layers and being better than those around you so that you aren't targeted.

Don't spend too much money on any one component. 

Personally, I think a really good home safe is a great investment for protecting the things you really don't want stolen, but you need a detection system to make sure that the thieves don't get enough time to get it open.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I'm interested in the gjd system,works in daylight...tbf to arf he's probably been searching the streets for the dome camera Tupperware lids that blew off in the storm...

lol!

GJD system has a chime option on detection during the day.

BTW they did not blow off in the storms either ;)

Buy a big dug!

i think a moat is a bit ott?

:)

I did say yesterday he would return tonight....

tbh nice to know was missed, but i was only on holiday in Cyprus :).

do you know their are firms that will store, protect and distribute your stock? you advise them of the buyer, they take it from their

Alpiuk is one such firm, but their are others

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

All security is built in part on deterrent, so an external siren cover serves to warn away, if intrusion tajes place the noise will usually reduce the time spent by the intruder.

i will say when an intruder breaks in they are already set for trouble - with adrenalin pumping and up for it so to speak, where you are most likely to be taken completely by surprise, even startled giving the intruder the edge. in all cases you are best NOT to tackle, but allow free exit.

No possessions are worth your personal injury - or your life!

smoke cloak and its variants will do what you want....

unless you blame the toaster ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ok, so can i get some recommendations on an alarm system. I did google the Videofied and that looks good, but does it do what it says on the tin? The GJD loooked to be an american website so can i please have further info on it.

I am aware that there are fulfilment companies that can handle my orders and keep my stock but after getting in quotes i feel that i am still able to save a significant amount by handling it myself.

Archived