Security Installer Community

Paradox - 4 Wire Mag. Contact

securedigital

Hey guys,

It is my first time setting up a magnetic door contact and I have a couple of doubts.

I intend to install two magnetic contacts mounted in series, and these have 4 wires.

All are white color ....but I've already identified two as the NC and the other two as anti-tamper.

It is easy to connect the NC pair to the PBX as one goes to "ZoneX" and the second to "Common"....but the two tamper wires where they go? As I am mounting the detectors in series I guess these anti-tamper wires also have to be wired somehow different?

And the second question, as the NC wires are all white I do understand that it does not have polarity, so I can chain them as I want?

PD: the magnetic contacts are sealed, so can't be disassembled, only a long wires exits the sealed box.

Thanks for your time

Oh sorry, I forgot. It is an old DGP848. Later on I will reproduce a very similar installation on a new MG5055. The PCB I/O are very very similar.

I have already successfully configured one PIR (following Paradox manual) as "NC with EOF, with tamper & wire fault recognition (UL/ULC)" using two 1k resistances.

Thanks

Based on the easily googled manual, I would say it was EOL other wise you are going to end up with only 4 zones....

So, you are going to have to fit resistors; better yet change the contact as resistors remote from the final contact

isn't ideal. I'd also have a feeling you might be better off with a US based forum??

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hey

I am not afraid of having a few Zones...there are enought for my needs. I wanted to chain (serial) these magnetic contacts so actually only one zone would be used.

I believe I shall connect the magnetic contacts as seen in the below image, but it does not take in account the additional two wires anti-tamper.

AlarmMultipleMagnetSensorWindowWiringWit

My real problem is about where shall I connect the magnetic two wire anti-tamper.

I live in Europe, not in the US or UK. I don't know any US forum related to this topic.

Thanks

Well over here we would recommend one zone to one device.

It's not the type of panel used over here.

Still not worked out if it's DEOL or EOL wiring.

If EOL wiring then the loop is monitored for open circuit or closed circuit.

If DEOL then each device needs a shunt resistor across the contacts alarm and the one EOL resistor goes at the end.

there several zone configurations available to you, if as above you google for the installation manual the wiring is shown and correct value resistors are shown.

in you drawing this is called EOL for 'End Of Line' resistor, most engineers would insert the resistor into the furthest door contact, for that configuration you must select 'EOL' in the zone type attributes.

more secure is DOEL - Double End Of Line - and favoured in the UK and likely much of the EU, because it monitors the alarm 'loop' 24 hours, not only when armed.

For what is an experimental set up it matters not which option you use, it becomes more serious if there is a risk of the items or person protected is likely to attract a more competent intruder, as other wise tamper really serves to detect accidental damage by say a decorator removing a lid, or carpet fitter cutting a cable by accident, not intentionally attempting to bypass the alarm system.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Mhhh I did know about EOL but not DEOL. I have managed to configure a PIR with with two resistors (maybe DEOL?) as stated in HERE the PBX manual, page nº 43, wiring sample image nº 5 . This is DEOL configuration?

Still not guessing how to wire the four wires coming out of the magnetic detectors as there are no schematics on that PDF.

Archived