Security Installer Community

Led Lighting

breff

not fancy an occupancy switch ?

I have a couple in the ceilings for this very reason, simple, unobtrusive and work well, I just have to wave the newspaper every 5 mins when I'm having a **** downstairs. (in the toilet of course)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

i use motion sensor replacement light switches, sensor for dark enough to come on (adjustable), also mic which means in a Tv room as long as the telly or radio is on the lights won't go out.

@Norman - you could sing, cough or should have enough gas for your reading needs ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i use motion sensor replacement light switches, sensor for dark enough to come on (adjustable), also mic which means in a Tv room as long as the telly or radio is on the lights won't go out.

I know the ones you mean with a mic, they are ace! http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BE180R2W.html

They also come with a free cap to wire in to bypass low loads or ballasts on the 2 wire version...

Our kitchen would have been ideal for a ceiling PIR were it not for the whippets tripping it every

5 minutes overnight!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I have a couple in the ceilings for this very reason, simple, unobtrusive and work well, I just have to wave the newspaper every 5 mins when I'm having a **** downstairs. (in the toilet of course)

lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Our kitchen would have been ideal for a ceiling PIR were it not for the whippets tripping it every

5 minutes overnight!

You will like this.....

years ago we put a fan in a blind disabled persons toilet. We thought it was a good idea to conect it to a PIR. What then happened was the customer used the room, the fan switched on and the shutter went click. After a preset time the fan turned off and the shutter closed with a click, there dog then went to investigate the noise and it stared over again.

The good idea did not last long...

Trade Member

Yeah, all those good ideas, I know....

Like the job where we fitted the automatic garage door to the garage with no ped door, and forgot to put any kind

of override button OUTSIDE the garage itself....

One nearby lightening strike and one cleared/rebooted RF module later... :(

In the end the owners son had the bright idea of removing one tile and tapping the button inside with a broom!

Customer actually thought it was quite funny, thank fook. They now have a keyswitch hidden round the side!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I know the ones you mean with a mic, they are ace! http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BE180R2W.html

They also come with a free cap to wire in to bypass low loads or ballasts on the 2 wire version...

5 minutes overnight!

thats the one, near 180 degree detection. ideal for passageways but do have a loud click from the relay.. since fitted i've not had to get up to turn off the passage or util room lights left on when the grandkids are over :).

not to sure how they would perform with LED as we have Low wattage energy bulbs.

client of mine when expanding his house, put two banks of small LED spotlights in as well as the normal ones with bulbs, i swear when he turned the LED ones on - it got darker lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived