Security Installer Community

Cctv System

dwdave

Anything is better than BOSE in my book. Might not look as pretty, might not be so easy for people like my parents to operate...!

Funny enough I'm building my CCTV demo case as we speak; so people can compare a typical ebay IP camera with the Casa offering.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Anything is better than BOSE in my book. Might not look as pretty, might not be so easy for people like my parents to operate...!

Funny enough I'm building my CCTV demo case as we speak; so people can compare a typical ebay IP camera with the Casa offering.

i'm no audio file, know something about it from a relation right into it. he designed some monitor sized speaker cabinets and lined them with 2" concrete on each inner surface to reduce coloration. Sounded fantastic, he even got a review and an article in HiFi news at the time, but a real a begger for my sister to dust around them lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Resolution the higher the number the better the picture quality. Focal length of the lense the lower the number the wider the picture. Its not quite as black and white as that, and where you point the camera will make a difference to light levels and everything else. I disagree with Arfur no point at all in using cheap nasty cameras whatever type of recorder you use, the cheap ones have plastic lenses that warp in the sun so you can never get them focused after that (Maplin Specials) and rubbish to begin with rubbish is the end result. There are lots of DVR out there, I dont reccomend any of the cheap ones thats not to say that they are no good I just cant afford to keep sending engineers back to replace them so I stick to what i know is a quality product  

Thanks for all the advice !

Like I said at the start this really is my first look into it so Im by no means going to dive to ebay and get the cheapest box out there.

Are there any brands that generally come out on top as consistent? Remember its for my house and Im not looking to throw everything I earn at it, but if its worth a few more pennies then its worth getting a better one.

'till the next question ...

I like the Sony Effio chip, the problem is there are a lot of grades of chip Sony sell off reject chips cheap these are working chips but have some defect that Sony have found cause to reject. So some Effio chipped cameras are better than others, I would ignore any camera less than £60.00 it wont have a good chip It doesnt guarantee a camera over that price will either, but at least you have a chance of getting a good one. DVR wise tricky, there are a few suppliers out there, get them to send you a user manual if its in Chinglish then dont buy it. Geovision cards and software are a very good alternaive and you may get a used one on Ebay

Are there any brands that generally come out on top as consistent? Remember its for my house and Im not looking to throw everything I earn at it, but if its worth a few more pennies then its worth getting a better one.

I also rate Samsung Techwin gear.

SRD470's are a nice easy to use unit.

Also an additional note:-

Cameras with built in IR may look a good option. However, when spiders spin a web all over the hood/lens you can't see anything at night. Be prepared to clean them regularly.

I also rate Samsung Techwin gear.

SRD470's are a nice easy to use unit.

Also an additional note:-

Cameras with built in IR may look a good option. However, when spiders spin a web all over the hood/lens you can't see anything at night. Be prepared to clean them regularly.

Ha haha, I remember working in a control room and I used to use the ptz and face the sky when it rained in conjuction with the wipers to try and get rid of the webs!

'till the next question ...

Archived