Security Installer Community

Logic 4 No Buzzer Sound.

stormin

Hi intruder alarm people,,,

stormin

I think my message to Service Engineer  has got lost so will do again.
Hi Service Engineer ,, Stormin here,,,I am a newbie ,,,I have been fitting alarms for the last 18 months but this one has got me well beaten.
Logic 4. polycarb box,,, 2 zone plus entry/exit.
key turned to full set ,,entrance/eit ,,,2 pirs,,,1 PA is all there is connected ,,I wanted to make sure all was well before fitting the sounder and strobe,,,

All tamper lights go off on full set but no eit or entry buzzer sound from the unit.
Any help would unscramble my brain for the next alarm to be fitted.

Don,t like being beaten but would bow to your superior knowledge.

The Logic 4 was a voltage output to either a mini buzzer or a small piezo. The output should be at 12v for the buzzer

I thought these were discontinued long back,   It brings back memories does this....

post-33861-0-52910200-1373830268_thumb.j

iirc no buzzer on an L4 meant it was in 'memory' mode after an alarm or in tamper, and needing a master code to reset it or pressing reset?

chances are it will also be a new battery needed just based on the units age and likely not maintained.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Logic 4 is a keyswitch panel arf

did not use them, always went fir a panel with some log facility like 9100/karizma to Gardtec, but thought the 4 had a keypad, logic 2 (zone?) was a key? either way likely a faulty tamper 'locking'it it up as many lo tec panels did of that era.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived