Security Installer Community

Logic 4 No Buzzer Sound.

stormin

First of all many thanks for all your replies,,,,this first problem turned out to be a to large ampage buzzer the old lady supplied ..I fitted a smaller ampage one and the buzzer is working fine now..

I did not want to do this job but she is 92 and bright as a button and after telling her i did not think I could get a logic 4 panel now she produced a new boxed panel with a seperate  buzzer and reason 8 bell box telling me her late husband got them in case she had to change the one they had. ..so has to show I should be able to do it,,, I took it on. What a wally.

I wired the bell box to to logic 4 using the diagrams from both........ .  the bell box is in tamper and  will not silence even in test mode..

Logic 4 panel ,,,,,scb-----to -------- bellbox T and A

Reason 8 8ep420 Panel ,,,,,,bell ---to --------  bell box B and D

any help would be appreciated ,,,but i think a lot of alarm engineers have not worked on these for a while.

thanks for your time ,,,Stormin

As soon as I was handed the new logic 4, it's time to get the hell out of there. I would not have taken that job on as how do you provide a warranty etc?

Write on your worksheet old equipment supplied, tamper fault on bell, linked out in panel.

New system required but in working order. Explain what has happened and worksheet signed. Get your payment and run for the hills! And learn from this!

Just a thought, the tamper switch is clicking closed when you put the lid on the bell?

!

Thanks TFM,,,,sound avice will do ,,,one I won,t forget...

.just rang her and told her tge bad news she says it is ok but has not said she wants another new one?

lesson learned, nice to be nice but nicer to be truthful :).

You might get this problem again on a later panel, worth you looking at other panels so you understand what is needed to silence the external warning device (makes swap outs far easier).

Can't set it out here as its public, so if your trade apply for trade membership, then you will have an enormous library of experience and information at hand.

she won`t.

she has a "new one" and another "mug" (No disrespect ) will try and take it on.

I did say earlier they should be bin fodder.

Lady is 92, comes from the not throw anything away era. if i took it on perhaps i could offer a shorter warranty - at discount?

;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived