Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

I will have a report very shortly on this. Even thought my orioginal panel tested okay on my bench for 48 hours, Ive replaced it with another (tested for 5 days on a bench).  I installed it at the house Thursday morning.. Tested every thing at each stage. The system has been working for 2 days NO chime or fault.  The only thing thats different is the panel is plugged into a 13 Amp socket (temporarily) until Monday.  Panel and socket locked in a cupboard. Customer agreed to this prove what the fault is.  No fault as yet.  It either the original panel fault or the fused spur.  I'm sure its going to be the fused. The so called faul;ty panel I removed has produced NO fault on my bench for the last 2 days.  Its going to be the spur unit.  Whats annoying I did check the spur originally  and there are no instrument readings or findabable reading present that indicates a fault.   On monday I will connect the alarm to the spur and if the fault shows it the customers faulty firing.  They will have to get it sorted before I commission and sign it off.

WOW

what a thread all about what seems must be a minor issue............Fact is it's either:-

1. The panel is losing power.

2. You have a zone programmed as chime (a pir)

3. Faulty panel.

(doubt it's a panel fault tbh)

It just seems you are not been very methodical.

You didn't try simple things like pulling the fuse and checking if power light flashes, pulling the batt leads to see if panel dies.........Checking the chime's.............

And to be honest it seems like you are not totally competent with the newer Vr8+ panels that have differences to the ones you have been installing for 11 years. There is another way of stopping the noise temporarily but I will not hold your hand on this one.

Should have taken 10 minutes max to determine or am I missing something?

maybe I should have read ALL the posts but I didn't, sorry

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

And this faulty panel that is on a bench test, Does it have any pir's wired into it? all zones filled up?

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

The problem is solved. I did do all the checks as the last 2 posts suggested. I checked the fuse spur in every way possible. NOTHING could be detected at the time of the checks.

I re connected the system up but plugged it into a mains power socket and no fault occured since I did it on thursday.

I connected the supply back to the the suspect spur unit and within half an hour the fault occured. NOTHING could be detected when I re checked the spur and associated cabling. It was not connected to a lighting ceiling rose being switched. The cable to the spur starts at the consumer units and goes directly to the spur. The panel mains off led was not flashing when the fault occured but was chiming. There are no zones programmed as chime.

Anyway the customer agreed it was an issue with the spur because it works okay when plugged into a 13A socked since thursday. There electrician has now fitted a new feed from the consumer unit to the spur on its own MCB. The fault has now gone.

Archived