Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Help!

g4m8l3r

sorry scb mode? what is that exactly?, sorry this is the first and only alarm iv ever fitted so very limited knowledge on these.

Sirens have 2 methods of getting the power to drive them. SAB draws the power from the control panel and SCB used the sirens internal battery. Are the sirens you connecting proper sirens with a housing and a tamper etc or are they just 12v sirens with just 2 wires coming out of them?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Sirens have 2 methods of getting the power to drive them. SAB draws the power from the control panel and SCB used the sirens internal battery. Are the sirens you connecting proper sirens with a housing and a tamper etc or are they just 12v sirens with just 2 wires coming out of them?

ok and I have no idea how to switch between these methods,  the sirens are just basic 12v ones with a +/- coming out of them. 

if i connect it to the hard +/- of the panel then the siren is at full volume

Ok. You have neither SAB or SCB in that case. You just have a 12v siren. Alarms normally switch the negative to the siren, not the positive so this should be a simple case of connecting the red wire to the +12v supply of the panel and wiring the black wire to the bell trigger terminal and that it, there are no other connections to do.

if i connect it to the hard +/- of the panel then the siren is at full volume

That makes sense.

Try just connecting 1 of the sirens to start with and see if that works as you would expect. If so connect the second and re-test.

post-46201-0-37932700-1361455179_thumb.jpost-46201-0-38650800-1361455180_thumb.j

Ok. You have neither SAB or SCB in that case. You just have a 12v siren. Alarms normally switch the negative to the siren, not the positive so this should be a simple case of connecting the red wire to the +12v supply of the panel and wiring the black wire to the bell trigger terminal and that it, there are no other connections to do.

That makes sense.

Try just connecting 1 of the sirens to start with and see if that works as you would expect. If so connect the second and re-test.

still no joy, I have added a picture of the panel with just the tamper loops and power connected and then a picture with the siren connected, the siren is very quiet when connected like this, but when I pop it onto the hard +/- its at full volume again, I just dont understand whats wrong.

Red wire should be in +12v and black should be in Bell. Leaving the link between 0v and tamp, there should be no wires from your siren in Strb, 0v or tamp.

The bell output switches negative so in effect you are putting with the wiring above 2 negatives to the sounder, not a positive and a negative.

Red wire should be in +12v and black should be in Bell. Leaving the link between 0v and tamp, there should be no wires from your siren in Strb, 0v or tamp.

when i connect the red wire to 12v+ and black in bell the siren sounds instantly but when i press the pa it turns off, its as if its working backwards

Archived