Security Installer Community

I Need To Automatically Generate A Email

mcelec

Not sure this is the right place to post this, I want to be able to generate a email from a input, someone has mentioned Rasberry Pi, I have never used it but it does seem like it may be a option, so here is the scenario that I want to achieve:

Relay operates and generates signal.

The trigger generates a email that is forwarded to a pre set email.

Any ideas?

Not sure this is the right place to post this, I want to be able to generate a email from a input, someone has mentioned Rasberry Pi, I have never used it but it does seem like it may be a option, so here is the scenario that I want to achieve:

Relay operates and generates signal.

The trigger generates a email that is forwarded to a pre set email.

Any ideas?

We do this in MAS. Not sure if any standalone options.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

We do this in MAS. Not sure if any standalone options.

It is basically a control circuit from some plant equipment, the client wants to generate a email, each of the maintenance team on site will then recieve this email on there smart phones and go and look at it

It is basically a control circuit from some plant equipment, the client wants to generate a email, each of the maintenance team on site will then recieve this email on there smart phones and go and look at it

I see. We do that in MAS as it flags up an error if issue with email delivery and you can make it so someone has to acknowledge the email for the alarm to be deemed as delivered. We put it in for freezer alarms originally.

A Nanode would do the trick, which is a Arduino with web capability.

Send the data to COSM which in turn can generate emails or SMS messages.

I use it to monitor temperatures, and works well for me.

Paul

That looks interesting. I suppose what worries me is the devices ability to send the email isn't polled or guaranteed delivery. If it fails, who's problem is it?

I suppose if what's been monitored isn't super critical, its not much of an issue.

write some code ?

I'm a Microsoft Monkey. Would like to learn this Linux wizardry. Just setup our website in our in house webservers with Ubuntu Server, It drove me mad compared to windows iis. Took me about 5 hours. Sudo apt-get install ssh etc. give me my mouse anyday!

Archived