Security Installer Community

Cable Tone Generator

Paul. Giles

No you don`t.

Not if you know how to use it correctly.

But you do need the meter to take the readings after :P

maybe not if strung across a ceiling,but in loomed cables on a long run there useless unless you undo the loom,granted ok if fault is at the start or end,but cant be trusted 100%,i would like one of those bt tdr's now thats a bit of kit..

you're using a **** toner then mate..

its a bt one,like i say great for single cable,but in a factory with loomed cables its hard work when tracing.

i see where you're coming from now.  i don't generally use it for tracing but for identifying ends. 

did a cctv upgrade recently, around 80 cameras and toner was the best bit of kit in the world for tracing disconnected cameras as all cables were lablled but no paperwork anywhere to explain the cable id

Well I was on a job with two other engineers from another company and they were metering out cables all  morning untill I sussed what they were up to and gave them my tracker.

We had 50 odd circuits IDed in half an hour or so.

All in a "loom", and each was spot on .

Yours is either sh1te or your not using it correctly, and before it starts no insult intended.

Just seen the added as I type this.

I use it for a general cable if needed, and a certain trace also when needed.

Well I was on a job with two other engineers from another company and they were metering out cables all  morning untill I sussed what they were up to and gave them my tracker.

We had 50 odd circuits IDed in half an hour or so.

All in a "loom", and each was spot on .

Yours is either sh1te or your not using it correctly, and before it starts no insult intended.

Just seen the added as I type this.

I use it for a general cable if needed, and a certain trace also when needed.

never read the instructions tbh..

Archived