Security Installer Community

Tools

goncall

what tools do we use,drivers,cutters,meters,bags etc,can a good engineer be spotted by the tools he uses,ive seen some lads with stuff i wouldnt stir my tea with,tho not bad engineers,just tight..

i like bahco for drivers and cutters and you can't beat a fluke for meters...

Fluke meters and testers. Knipex for cutters and pliers vde set draper expert screwdrivers. And fatmax drivers for the heavy duty work. Pointless spending too much tho as you will lose them!!!! Especially on building sites.

Going off de walt too their not as durable as they used to be.

what is a clucker?

Its a think that BT have they shuv down phone lines. You hear a cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck tone. It's for finding a pair of wires when you have a bunch of them. This is the one I have, love it to bits. http://cpc.farnell.com/chesivale-electronics/mo520-00/tone-tracer-set/dp/IN02107?Ntt=IN02107

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have a CK toolbag (newer one with the solid base - had one of the old style which ripped)

Its great because you can easily spot if anythings missing

I have CK screwdrivers, cutters etc. I am currently looking for a replacement set of cutters as the CK ones are overpriced and not hard wearing

Fluke meter

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Its a think that BT have they shuv down phone lines. You hear a cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck tone. It's for finding a pair of wires when you have a bunch of them. This is the one I have, love it to bits. http://cpc.farnell.com/chesivale-electronics/mo520-00/tone-tracer-set/dp/IN02107?Ntt=IN02107

no mate, thats a clicker-clacker..  i think a clucker would most likely be a broken clicker-clacker?

Archived