Security Installer Community

Tools

goncall

CK tech bag (the newer orange/black one), a mix of Wera, Irazola and Stanley Fatmax drivers (I like their 3mm termy driver, although it's not VDE), NWS cutters. Used to have a Fluke 77III meter that got nicked. It's been replaced by a 15 quidder from Maplins, which is actually pretty good and has never let me down. Dymo label printer which is indispensable for marking up detectors/RIOs etc.

Trade Member

Fluke meters and testers. Knipex for cutters and pliers vde set draper expert screwdrivers. And fatmax drivers for the heavy duty work. Pointless spending too much tho as you will lose them!!!! Especially on building sites.

Going off de walt too their not as durable as they used to be.

the big bacho stuff i find snaps the heads when say getting an old rsc out,prefer the ck stuff for bigger drivers,tho prefer bahco for small to medium drivers,bought a set of witte terminal drivers recently nice for panel work..

I have a CK toolbag (newer one with the solid base - had one of the old style which ripped)

Its great because you can easily spot if anythings missing

I have CK screwdrivers, cutters etc. I am currently looking for a replacement set of cutters as the CK ones are overpriced and not hard wearing

Fluke meter

the tech pro with the hard rubber base,me too quality bag,can take some weight too...

the big bacho stuff i find snaps the heads when say getting an old rsc out,prefer the ck stuff for bigger drivers,tho prefer bahco for small to medium drivers,bought a set of witte terminal drivers recently nice for panel work..

As antidote said the fatmax term driver is a beast. It never wears down!

I dont like using vde drivers for just fixing ect as they are not as durable and your paying extra for vde to frape up 2 inch 10s!!!!!!

I too have the said ck bag

Its a think that BT have they shuv down phone lines. You hear a cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck tone.

what you tracing matt..radiation...lol

And crow bars! Never come across a shutter contact that can't be persuadet out with me trusty wrecking bar.

im a bit more gentle with rsc's,theres no better feeling when you get it out with the screws and plugs saves a trip for the drill..lol

what you tracing matt..radiation...lol

im a bit more gentle with rsc's,theres no better feeling when you get it out with the screws and plugs saves a trip for the drill..lol

Lol.

The knights rubber spacers have been working great for us. They last longer and are easy to swap when required.

Archived