Security Installer Community

Conducting A Real World Alarm Test Without Activating The Bellboxes

Tommygunn

I've fitted a Honeywell Accenta Mini G4 with two AG6 bellboxes, however, in the past few days I have also fitted an Informa Speech Dialler.

Problem is, is that I want to put the Informa through its paces with real world alarm activations but without the bellbox sounders being activated.  So, without having to climb out onto the roof to manually disconnect the piezo sounders or batteries within, is it possible to disconnect the bellboxes from the control panel to allow me to conduct a real world test without annoying the neighbours.

I was under the impression that once I'd entered the engineer code it would allow me to remove the control panel frontage but it didn't as the tamper set off the bellboxes. I also thought that entering the code might allow me to disconnect the bellbox wiring once the tamper alarm had been deactivated but, no, when I tried to remove one of the wires it also set off the bellboxes.

Any ideas or am I just gonna have to get the ladder out?

Tom.

James,

So, if I disconnect the black wire going to contact 'B' (see link below) on the panel I would be good to go?

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv226/tomspublicphotos/Electronics/BurglarAlarm_zps4e3b01b5.jpg

Oxo,

Yep, I know there is a test procedure but I just wanted to make sure that in a 'real world' test that the system would function as it should.

Miaren,

That's the thing. It tells you how to connect everything but doesn't actually tell you how to power the system down without it doing this, that or the other.

Tom.

I was under the impression that once I'd entered the engineer code it would allow me to remove the control panel frontage but it didn't as the tamper set off the bell boxes. I also thought that entering the code might allow me to disconnect the bellbox wiring once the tamper alarm had been deactivated but, no, when I tried to remove one of the wires it also set off the bell boxes.

Something not quite right in both of those statements.

Archived