Security Installer Community

Replacing Exchange With Sogo V2

james.wilson

I dont know, its taking forever to transfer folders from my whs (Ive taken less time having sex) surely RAM will make a difference to the speed of file transfers? Price wise it was only £20 more to DD3 1028 4g sticks as apposed to 2g

I was thinking about putting MythTV on it the SME website says its for advanced users, what do you think? Oh and for some reason my smart tv cant see the server (not that smart after all) I know you probably wont know why but Ill ask you anyway

I dont know, its taking forever to transfer folders from my whs (Ive taken less time having sex) surely RAM will make a difference to the speed of file transfers? Price wise it was only £20 more to DD3 1028 4g sticks as apposed to 2g

I was thinking about putting MythTV on it the SME website says its for advanced users, what do you think? Oh and for some reason my smart tv cant see the server (not that smart after all) I know you probably wont know why but Ill ask you anyway

no will make no difference. Its not like windows

For basic stuff 1 gig is more than enough. Granted i have sme's with 32 gigs but thay are in virtual enviroments.

I wouldnt put myth on sme. Id use mythuntu on that while you learn it. SME is a very secure OS and you cannot easily chnage /etc config files as this is all database driven. Keep it as stock as you can and do not try and add anything the team havnt made a contrib for.

If you must the use virtualbox and setup your myth in a virtual machine. But myth is very very resource hungry and needs a lot of horsepower, fast disks etc.

re speed have you waited for your raid to resync following install? Disk throughput will be at the floor if its rebuilding.

what is the output from a console of

cat /proc/mdstat?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

For basic stuff 1 gig is more than enough. Granted i have sme's with 32 gigs but thay are in virtual enviroments.

I wouldnt put myth on sme. Id use mythuntu on that while you learn it. SME is a very secure OS and you cannot easily chnage /etc config files as this is all database driven. Keep it as stock as you can and do not try and add anything the team havnt made a contrib for.

If you must the use virtualbox and setup your myth in a virtual machine. But myth is very very resource hungry and needs a lot of horsepower, fast disks etc.

re speed have you waited for your raid to resync following install? Disk throughput will be at the floor if its rebuilding.

cat /proc/mdstat?

What the fck are you smoking?? :-

i built an SME server months ago, installed the software, started in once to check it all works and then turned it off.  haven't touched it since...  the only thing i can't buy from scan is time and more time.

cat /proc/mdstat?

Does it automatically raid? and how do I tell if its resyncing

Run that command as root it will tell you the status of the array. It will always raid unless you only have 1 drive in it

2 drives auto raid 1 mirrored

4 drives raid 5

6 drives raid 6

it knows best

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Run that command as root it will tell you the status of the array. It will always raid unless you only have 1 drive in it

2 drives auto raid 1 mirrored

4 drives raid 5

6 drives raid 6

it knows best

is it best to have 3 drives, 1 for the os and 2 for the raid?

We have 3 drives set up that way.

We are running exchange with a full backup every 3 days to an external drive in the roof space.

Once a week full backup removed from the office in case of a fire.

We are looking into a cloud based system but we can't us alarm master this way at the moment.

Archived