Security Installer Community

Replacing Exchange With Sogo V2

james.wilson

You could I suppose but I wouldn't be happy with any data outside of our control.

I wouldn't split the raid that way no point. Raid setup depends on use ie performace. I use raid 1,5,6 and 10

if you use a separate os drive if that fails then bang.

With windows its better to have a seperate os raid. No need with Linux imo for normal use.

My setup consits of 5 sme hardware boxes of varios power 1 is an atom and purly for backup purposes

Then there are mutiple sme server virtualised at 2 locations

All sme servers are cross backed up over ssh every 4 hours. I have 2 years of backups and can go back to anytime frame in that period.

While we have multi gigabytes of data the way we setup the backups was to only send files that have changed. If its been a heavy scanning day then this can take the remote links an hour or so to process

Might be better to have a sme thread for those that wish to use it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You could I suppose but I wouldn't be happy with any data outside of our control.

With windows its better to have a seperate os raid. No need with Linux imo for normal use.

Like whistle i had considered cloud and like Whistle our DB wont work this way. I do however see milage in the aove.

Im being pushed into and resisting moving away from windows, my reasoning is that all the kit we use conects seemlessly without issues and is not multi liscence.

Our PDAs are windows mobile and although windows phone looks attractive it will incur liscence per handset and we loose Navigator Comms from the phone.

Im staying with 2003 for 2 more years using our current set up then ill have to dig into funding a new infrastructure.

Customers!

I wouldn't split the raid that way no point. Raid setup depends on use ie performace. I use raid 1,5,6 and 10

if you use a separate os drive if that fails then bang.

My setup consits of 5 sme hardware boxes of varios power 1 is an atom and purly for backup purposes

Then there are mutiple sme server virtualised at 2 locations

All sme servers are cross backed up over ssh every 4 hours. I have 2 years of backups and can go back to anytime frame in that period.

While we have multi gigabytes of data the way we setup the backups was to only send files that have changed. If its been a heavy scanning day then this can take the remote links an hour or so to process

james, what would be the simplest/best way to implement this server for file sharing (internally and remote) & email (but only if it offers exchange like funtions, shared calendar etc).  we are small don't forget so don't need the best way just a good way which doesn't cost the earth??

thanks mate

Like whistle i had considered cloud and like Whistle our DB wont work this way. I do however see milage in the aove.

Im being pushed into and resisting moving away from windows, my reasoning is that all the kit we use conects seemlessly without issues and is not multi liscence.

Our PDAs are windows mobile and although windows phone looks attractive it will incur liscence per handset and we loose Navigator Comms from the phone.

Im staying with 2003 for 2 more years using our current set up then ill have to dig into funding a new infrastructure.

what is Navigator Comms ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

what is Navigator Comms ?

Sorry Mr H so many of us use it for tracking i thought you would remember. We moved the mapping on to embeded maps in AM and started using the tracking with the HTC phones. Which by the way will put joy into the heart of certain doubters because that means the engineers can turn OFF the tracking, which of course not being devious untrusting types they dont.

http://directions.ltd.uk/developer

You get a constant update of location of everyone as well as having your nearest jobs as POI and suppliers. Its days are numbered but arent all of ours.

Customers!

james, what would be the simplest/best way to implement this server for file sharing (internally and remote) & email (but only if it offers exchange like funtions, shared calendar etc).  we are small don't forget so don't need the best way just a good way which doesn't cost the earth??

thanks mate

It does but sogo is better than the built in horde imo but i hjavnt tested with mobile clients. Its all im waiting on then i can replace our win 2k3 server

I would go back to your sme and make it your domain controller. If you get me remote access ill set it up for. I can also remotly back it up if needed, but you may prefer to have another at home and backup to that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Can only recall you using "co-pilot" for sat nav, thanks for the info

Yes i was and i was very pleased with their 2 way comms which is why we moved to this because once it developed 2 way comms it put 2 packages together. We previously used just their VTU with a seperate map. Thus in reality we have now got 3 or more packages together because AM put Maps into their application. The VTU was a better option IMO as i had control. New years resoloution is to insist on status updates from PDA. The boys are just lazy and the revenue i loose because they fill time in after the event is becoming a no joke matter.

Am seriously liking the idea of cameras in cars although i was thinking front only. Both our mangers drive x35i and Bens was rear ended within 10 days of collection from a muppet who accellerated instead of break, 2nd veihcle to be hit in 6 months.  

Customers!

because AM put Maps into their application

I'm thinking..... instead of an AM framed browser opening google maps off your AM "Map" button, your AM install/ PDA injects the postcode ect... into the PDA /  Desktop nav software.

Is that correct ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived