Security Installer Community

Sonitrol

Been a while since Ive browsed though this forum, and I have misleadingly prided myself, with the knowledge that I have the technical ability to solve issues that may arise from the various systems that I work on in the field, however b*%$£y  sonitrol,   never worked on one before, new texecom elite going in on behalf of a company I subcontract to, its laced with audio detectors and passives, and want to to remove them ie log em off one by one as the new equipment goes live for that zone, so they keep full coverage, will move monitoring when new is half completed, can sonitrol be programmed from the rkp, or dose it come as a remote upload, any help is greatly appreciated, thx 

Thats a blast form the past. These are made by a company called Advantor and are really slave machines to the ARC. Even when you want to set the system it dials the ARC for permission to form a set.

As an engineer they used to drive me nuts as we had to fill our forms and fax it to the ARC and wait ages just to change a zone. They were a bit weird as the microphones were also used as audio detection rather than a traditonal pir. As an ARC operator we heard some funny things from those panels.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Had to change a 4250 main PCB once. Got to be one of the easiest panel changes ever, unplug all the zones change the pcb plug zones back on and have a brew while the arc uploaded and tested the system.

Archived