Security Installer Community

Utc Advanced Advisor Failure Mode

Security4me

Dear All,

I just installed UTC Security Advisor Advanced system with ATS1000A-MM control panel, ATS1135 keypad, AS210N internal siren, external siren, magnetic switches and motion detectors. Problem is that when I power up the system display says "UTC fire & security RAS1135.V10" on top row and bottom row it says "Press X". When I press X or any other button nothing happens. On control panel board RX and TX led’s are blinking continuously and one red led is blinking in the middle of the board (I guess this is some sort of failure led even though it’s not mentioned in manual). On keypad there is no status led active.

I’ve set the dip switches in keypad to RAS1 and TERM as this is the only keypad on system. I’ve tried term jumper on control board on and off, no differences. Measured all zones and they all give 4,7kohms as they should. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with my system. I think keypad or controller board is faulty. Please help to troubleshoot what’s wrong?

-C

Get the keypad on a short lead and reboot battery first.

Red LED is not a fault, it should be pulsing.

Try the fly lead first and disconnect everything else.

I connected only keypad with short leads and rebooted battery first. Same thing. "Press X" reads on the keypad display and no matter what button I press, nothing happens. Any other suggestions?

No i`m saying I agree, if its not working when fitted, and on a short fly lead with the settings all been tried. Then there is something either wrong with it or it was damaged.

So take it back and get a panel that is easier to use and program.

I dont know the panel but it sounds like a data issue. either there is no data line functioning due to a fault with it or wiring causing a fault on the data line or they keypad is not initialised.

If you have tested it on a short lead with no other wiring in place on the data line, and have addressed the keypad correctly and power cycled the panel then id suggest you now have a faulty panel. It could of been faulty out the box or you have damaged it.

As oxo says id take it back. and exchange it 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived