Security Installer Community

Extending Pir Cable, Alarm System Keypad Now Off Galaxy 2

rob897

hi i wonder if anyone can help me, i have tried to extend the pir to another room of a honeywell galaxy 2 alarm system 2007 installed, i have extended the cable, but i did not turn the system off when i did this, the system detcted the tamper and now the control panel wont light up or the lcd screen but there is still a slight beep from the panel no other pirs will light up too, the grey box under stairs still buzzes and there is a green light inside the box. dont really know much about this system so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

rob,

You have blown a fuse, your clearly uncertain how to do the job.

I recommend you call an alarm engineer out to rectify

thanks, what fuse could it be? the 3 internal glass fuses look intact, or could it be anything else?

If the fuses are ok then im afraid you have fried the panel. What galaxy is it?

Thanks to everyone for their support, we checked the fuses and they have blown, hopefully not fried the panel as it is still beeping, although a lot quieter than normal.

so im guessing all we do now is the place these fuses and the system should start up once again or is there anything that will need to be done,

thanks

Depends entirely on how the system was programmed. Likely it will need an engineer reset, but you may be lucky and your code will not only silence, accept, and also reset the tamper you caused when you blew the fuse. Good luck :)

Archived