Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel Operating Voltage - False Alarms

Avotronics

Put it on soak test for 7 days,

That way it will not go off, but will tell you when you disarm if it has.

TBH, the induced AC isnt that bad. Seen far worse.

Okay I'll do that thanks. Wondered what soaking was.

Unfortunately I don't know the Texecom sensor you have, but in general with this type of detector the vibration being looked for is high frequency, not a thump with your fist.

High frequency caused by splintering of wood, breaking glass, hammering of a brick wall etc, not a dull thump.

Possibly, but then what you describe sounds to me more like the acoustic sensors.

I'm no expert obviously, all I know is Texecom say when calibrating it, to simply tap on the centre of the area being protected.

Soak means the zone will not operate the alarm but warn you that it has false alarmed while set.

When testing the cable pair you should test it with the cable removed from the device at both ends.

Test the resistance of the loop then test the resistance to mains earth.

Mains earth should be nothing (high), loop should be very (low) length depending.

Okay I'll do that thanks. Wondered what soaking was.

Possibly, but then what you describe sounds to me more like the acoustic sensors.

I'm no expert obviously, all I know is Texecom say when calibrating it, to simply tap on the centre of the area being protected.

Best thing then is for you to adj with your fist, I hope you are not too close to a busy road with lorries.

Acoustic sensors are not tested in any way like I have described.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Spring loaded centre punch :D

Anyone tried it on Glass :P

Unless you've seen different I've never seen the fabled "Viper calibration tool" eclipse centre punch with a foot & a bit of heat shrink on it in the wild....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Spring loaded centre punch :D

Anyone tried it on Glass :P

Their first one with a 1.25" foot, yes, no problem, the newer version with the 0.5" foot that was harder than concrete, NO

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Unless you've seen different I've never seen the fabled "Viper calibration tool" eclipse centre punch with a foot & a bit of heat shrink on it in the wild....

You aint lived :D

Their first one with a 1.25" foot, yes, no problem, the newer version with the 0.5" foot that was harder than concrete, NO

Nor me.

Did fancy it once on a complete dire customers shop front, but decided the aggro wasnt worth it.

Archived