Security Installer Community

Warranty Is Covered But Should Labour Be Included?

Agreed, but there is a grey area with EU and 6 years I seem to remember (fit for purpose?)Ah, not clear cut but here..

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained

that is a close right afaik

i tend to listen more to talk radio than music to get traffic reports

one program had the phone in with a problem shows had a trading standards officer, as i remember it is qualified by how long you could 'reasonably' expect an item to last. caller bought a laptop which packed a few weeks out of warranty, vendor would not sort it, said you should have taken the warranty insurance out (something i never do personally).

obviously no idea how she got on after that, but seems a broadly similar situation, non compulsory maintenance agreement, and you could reasonably expect the system to last more than several years.

i cover my system for 3 years, P&L, labour part is for works within normal working hours and mutual appointment. alterations, damage etc are chargeable as any out of hours are not covered, which i think is fair. as i don't charge any fixed annual fee's.

if they have problems when i'm away my son covers under same rules, but if he is also not available they are given a number for a GOLD, but they pay them direct and nit recoverable, as it is regarded as an emergency, not by arrangement.

fortunately not had to call in the Gold, or my son, but as i use more wireless kit the batteries could change that.

you could try but my experience you won't be compensated by the maker or supplier for time spent, they offer an only back to base usually and repair/replace, so think put it down to experience but bitch like hell lol!

Edited by arfur mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 year later...

£30 a month. Jesus, our maint contract is 70 + VAT for a year and people round here think thats steep. I think our company is in the wrong part of the country!

I just looked at this page again. 

Our Basic Package is £5 a month which covers basic check of system and discount on parts & labour. 

Thing is we work out a lot or work is Per Month.   Like 'Get a Home Alarm Installed £7.50 a month'  (16month Contract thou) and Important part is is FROM as the more fancy package the more expensive while most goes up to £30 I think.    People think oh £7.50 a month sounds good.