Security Installer Community

Castle Caretech Euro 46 Problems

Ms security

presuming all levels are ok any ideas on why the tranny keeps blowing?

Something is drawing a large amount of current and you have ruled out the PCB.

You need to check the current drawn from all the devices and reference back to the current readings taken at installation.

Have you overloaded the PSU?

Have you tested the battery, could be faulty?

When I spoke to tech support they advised the panel should be able to handle the load of all attached devices, when I replaced the pcb I also replaced the battery,

If something was drawing a lot of current would it not blow out a fuse on the pcb before taking out the tranny?

Everyone has answered the Q. I'm amazed any eng never checked the obvious. I will assume that as the system was OK for a while that a resistance has moved, damaged cable, ingress, faulty device. Your meter is you friend. And of course you might want to go on a course for intruder.

Customers!

tranny issue means you have a major problem. Forget what tech says regarding acceptable load for devices. Measure it and measure again. You seem to have a huge overload that is spread over your fuses. Castle (in the old days) had a psu side that could be really abused. Hardware wise it was spot on. You could take 3A from a 1.5A psu for ahort bursts no issue ( i tested) but i never blew a tx in these overload tests. You have changed the board now bud i do feel you have a HUGE overload issue

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived