Security Installer Community

Castle Caretech Euro 46 Problems

Ms security

Hi all, First time posting on here-

I have been installing castle /Pyronix products for the 8 years and have encountered a problem recently which I have not seen before, recently I switched to the new castle caretech euro 46 ( been installing these for around 2 years with no issues ) i installed a euro 46 panel with two expanders and a wirelesss expander around 6 months ago which has been working fine, recently the panel went dead, after some investigating I discovered the transformer in the panel was not putting out any voltage, however there was still 240v going into the transformer, so I replaced the transformer all was working ok 24 hours later same thing transformer had gone again, this time I replaced the full panel, transformer everything, (reprogrammed 32 zones which took an eternity lol). 24 hours later same thing transformer gone again! So I am left scratching my head, I am now thinking the problem could lie with the customers power supply but am not sure, i have spoken to castle tech support but they could not really advise, they told me the panel could handle all the equipment attached to it, i would be grateful for any advice on the matter or anyone who has come across this problem, best regards mark

Archived