Security Installer Community

For Soupdragon

Oxo

how many panels wont allow you to fit a panel with grommet on, especially if you dont use the stand offs
Get a universal "Grommet" the one you can cut to size then :D

I think Adi means there is only just enough room to route the cables through the hole without a grommet.

So the gap between the mounting surface and the panel.

While I would always install a grommet were cables pass through metal, I would argue that conforming to BS7671 is not required for alarm cables.

BS7671 only covers LV (50–1000VacRMS 120–1500 Vdc) were alarm cables are ELV wiring.

Same as a backbox then for the FCU?

Still a knockout.

Do you use grommets on FCUs?

Even seen then used in plaggy back boxes, Peter knows a sparks, he is of the same opinion.

Hole = cable entry = grommet.

ELV excepted on the panel intakes.

use plastic but if metalclad then yes id use a grommit. as i said above knockouts etc need grommits, premade entrys do not. im not stating this as fact im stating what we do

using grommets on pre-made holes is a waste of time and it serves no function. we do, however, still do it.

thanks ronnie, what do you do on the big gals main entry under the zones? grommit strip?

we used to but can't seem to find the right stuff anymore. got some from RS but it was kak, not flexible enough. i've seen t&e sheath & fire cable sheath used (cut down one side and wrap around) which is horrible.

Not arguing, but most premade holes still require a grommet IMHO. ever seen the edges in them?

Who else carries a selection of files?

never in 10 (had a think, it's 12 years) years have i seen a pre-made entry hole cause damage to a cable or my fingers for that matter!

Archived