Security Installer Community

Karizma + Fault

Roger99

Adrian

You just gave me enough information to argue that we hold off a little longer on wireless.

I mentioned on another thread about a chap that was sold wireless (not yours) about a year ago. At the time the salesman told him the reason we didnt do wireless was so we could charge more for the cable LOL.

Customers!

Thanks for the extra information.

I would personally be extremely concerned about using a radio-based system based on a simple sensor-to-panel path, since even the most carefully designed error-detection/error-correction will fail when the background noise level significantly exceeds the signal from a remote sensor for extended periods.

Your mesh system stands the best chance of succeeding, and I wish you success with it, but please forgive me if I stick with copper for my own domestic alarm.

I must again thank everyone who came to help when I posted my original problem, and I will leave you all to discuss what is undoubtedly going to be an important issue for your industry.

Thanks for the extra information.

I would personally be extremely concerned about using a radio-based system based on a simple sensor-to-panel path, since even the most carefully designed error-detection/error-correction will fail when the background noise level significantly exceeds the signal from a remote sensor for extended periods.

Your mesh system stands the best chance of succeeding, and I wish you success with it, but please forgive me if I stick with copper for my own domestic alarm.

I must again thank everyone who came to help when I posted my original problem, and I will leave you all to discuss what is undoubtedly going to be an important issue for your industry.

I wish you were able to have a word with some others on another forum where they insist a one way wireless system is immune to these issues, That one intsaller has NEVER had an issue with this particular kit. Where in fact almost every query about it is due to loss of detection and or sounders. :D

I agree with you about the Mesh system but yet have had the pleasure to use it. That will change at some point,

I`m glad you looked in and hope we assisted, And you have indeed given a good account with an outsiders views.

Refreshing to have another experts view on tihngs.

Regards

Ox

As the owner of a Karizma Plus intruder alarm system which is currently showing a 'NVM Checksum' (or Sumcheck) message I've followed this discussion with interest. I have gathered that the industry has moved away from ID systems. Why is this? In my ignorance, I thought that it was a great system, from the time it was installed (2000) till now.

If I can't ressurrect my system by the weekend, I'll be looking for a replacement. I was thinking about re-using as much of my single loop 4 core installation with 22 sensors (with ID biscuits) as possible. Now I'm not so sure. Whatever I go for, it will be hard wired.

Thanks for all the information, which has raised as many questions as it answered.

Desmac

Is anti-mask required for perimeter sensors, eg vibration sensors on windows? I have Texecom Impaq Plus vibration sensors on each window. It seems to me that all (most) installers default to motion/heat detectors inside a room. I want to prevent access in the first place and I want to know which detector has tripped. Hence the Karizma which did this. Can someone advise on a suitable replacement system which does this? Assuming that I can't get my Karizma system up & running (see second last post above).

anti mask,

It could be monitored with another biscuit, longs the panel has the ability to assign it a mask attribute. j

Just another one to cram in there ;)

To Desmac,

Checksum fault will require a full default and reprogramme ...... usually they go ok, but i had one one that i reprogrammed, then as soon as i left engineer mode it crashed again so bare that in mind!

Bang a new battery on it if you havent already

It could be monitored with another biscuit, longs the panel has the ability to assign it a mask attribute. j

Just another one to cram in there ;)

Biscuit next to biscuit is not meant to be a very good idea, back in the back of veritec's & seqauds we had a couple that ended up wrapped in tin foil to avoid "twin device" faults

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way I can turn off my two Odyssey 3 sounders whilst removing all power from my Karizma Plus control panel. I read rhat removing all power from the control panel for a while can allow errors to clear. If this fails, a default & reprogramme is on the cards.

Archived