Security Installer Community

Karizma + Fault

Roger99

assuming the panel has the facility to test the sounder/strobe yes, flash the strobe three times, ie under test, strobe on, strobe off, strobe on, strobe off etc.... within 15 seconds, this will put the sounders into hold off mode, they will not then sound when you remove power

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

It wont aid anybody that does not have the code, if the system is correctly installed and designed the burglar, pro or not should not be able to get near anything in the protected area, including the keypad, and should not have a code, the system would need to be UNSET before this procedure could be used.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Agreed.

Handy when you have to mess about adding or doing other things.

Of course you can "hotplug" most things these days,

Rememebr when Honeywell said to power down to use a SPI key.

Yeah right, with a fully loaded G3-520 on 12 floors with power/smart rio`s and other stuff attached.

Okay, I took a risk. But it worked, after all its like a USB stick in any other words, Who actually hits the "Now safe to remove button" now days?

Still got a couple of SPI`s if anyone needs one.

Well... With the assistance of advice received in this discussion I have managed to default my Karizma NVM, and re-programmed the 23 separate zones. Thanks to all . The omly thing now is that I can't see how to programme in my particular user code. This is not a huge deal as the manager code still works OK, but I would prefer to set my code as before. Is there information somewhere on how to do this? I have the user and engineer's manuals, but I haven't seen any reference to this. I am quite capable of failing to see something that is under my nose (so I' told, repeatedly).

Thanks Miaren, that did the trick. I've got the bit between my teeth now. I'm going to resurrect the DM2400 modem, and, for the first time ever, wire it up to dial my mobile! It has sat unused inside the control box since May 2000. I'd best get to it while I'm still reasonably familiar with the system.

Changing the subject a bit, I would like to thank all forum contributers, not just this one but all disciplines, who spend their time advising amateurs (and possibly taking bread out of their own mouths). It is much appreciated by me, and i'm sure, all the other dabblers. The sardonic wit can be amusing (plumbers seem to suffer fools less than others).

Archived