Security Installer Community

Honeywell Optima Compact Fault

samauty

Good evening everyone, and thanks for accepting my registration :)!

I hope someone on here can help :)!

I have recently purchased a new house, and after doing pretty much every job going on it for the past few months, todays job was to install the alarm finally (strange, but I quite like installing alarms - I have put one or two in before)

My system is not complex, since the house is not massive, as its my first one. Just so everyone is in the "loop" (sorry for the pun...., here's the specs)

Optima Compact panel (Honeywell)

2 PIRs (Honeywell)

2 door contacts

External siren (Kinetic AZ-TECH AZ-2000)

Ok, so I ve wired up all the zones (both at the sensor end and panel end), wired up the external siren (both at the siren end and panel end), linked out all the unused zones. I ve also linked out the global tamper, keypad tamper and PA, temporally to ensure the panel can be programmed.

However, my problem is, the panel is still showing some sort of 24hr zone fault....and is in "locked out" mode. The SOS light is permanently on and after both engineer and user resets the tamper is also flashing. (Btw, this is also with the panel cover back on, and tamper spring depressed)

I have also checked continuity between sensors and the external siren on all circuits to ensure the wiring has not been damaged. It appears it hasn't.

I am pretty confident when it comes to electrics, and I've done a large variety of tasks, so I would class myself as an experienced DIYer.

Any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Link out every tamper, that includes the SAB.

Link out the zones, remove everything apart from the keypad and reboot.

As you have done it all and probably have no access to a test meter its back to basics.

As in start again from scratch.

cheers guys thanks for that. When doing a a full re-boot (i.e. factory restore), I am I right in thinking to run a short between the SET terminal on the panel and the LH PA terminal and then power up as per the instructions?

I have a test meter if that helps

cheers again

an ohm reading wont work on your bell as its a voltage (well a neg) return.

Just do me a favour and pull out the wires between T and A (i think thats them) and put a link in there. Or put 0v link to T

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived