Security Installer Community

Honeywell Optima Compact Fault

samauty

Fine its onboard. The sequence is the same if you want to prove the panel.

We only do this for a living and of course we might be wrong and you might not have to remove anything.

But, I bet you the sun will rise tomorrow.

And you will need to do as we have told you.

As the makers will say if they decide they want to speak to you.

Honeywell are funny like that, not wanting to talk to end users.

It saves them repeating things 3 or 4 times.

It shouldn't matter on power up if you have a tamper, after all you have the casing open when you energise it so it shouldn't lock you out completely. As oxo says take all your links put, put a link over your tampers and PA and see what you get.

Also little tip, you don't need o link out zones your using on the optimas. Just program th zones out as unused when you get round to it. Saves clutter in the box.

sos means pa doesnt it......?

you linked that out too~?

Since he doesn't have one installed (or so he's said) I would be surprised if he's removed the staple. However, it wouldn't be the first time one of them have fallen out on me.

Edit - Actually after reading the OP why did you remove the staple in the first place if you weren't using it?

Ok, so just taken the panel back EXACTLY to how it was when I bought it. All the tampers are linked out, including the PA and SAB, and no zones are connected. The panel is still showing an SOS fault and a tamper fault. So I'm guessing the panel is knackered....would I be right?

Archived