Security Installer Community

Daft Question ?

MrHappy

check out the link.......  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is having the security features of your betting shop listed online a good idea ?

Just out of interest

What equipment do they use for their 2-way audio?

Are they accredited? As their website says they can call the police for you! In fact their website says a lot of very bold clams’.

If they are not approved then the arc (bloke at a computer so not really an arc) listens to the site using the built in microphone in the panel only. If he hears something he calls the police on 999 and says he can hear intruders. Th epolice then respond as if a member of the public had called in. No NSI / ssaib cert, no URN from the police, no false alarm management, no cut off for excessive alarms.

I have reported it to ACPO. No-one seems fussed. But if there is enough of us here then ill report properly through the BSIA for discussion at ACPO and get an official response. I think its an outrage.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

"No NSI / ssaib cert, no URN from the police"

"Training academy in the South of France" taken from link above.

I'm not accredited yet but will be in the not to distant future, but what for! as they seem/appear to be bending the rules as it were.

Just out of interest

What equipment do they use for their 2-way audio?

Are they accredited? As their website says they can call the police for you! In fact their website says a lot of very bold clams’.

A good friend of mine who has worked at the high end of the security industry and moved into the non regulated monitored market a few years back. At their peak they were installing 300 units a month with a monthly charge and to boot they dont need qualified installers just a driver with step ladders. He knows the difrence but the £ do the talking. IMO he has our industry sussed with wireless and deregulation its fooked.

Launched a DIY package recently which isnt selling as well as exspected. The police have to respond.

Customers!

Archived